Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A half truth is a whole lie. - Yiddish Proverb

Hey ya'll! I know it's been a while since my last post, and I'm not going to even make an excuse. I guess lately I've gotten into the habit of only blogging about the bad in my life instead of the good. Unfortunately, today is not an exception. I logged in today for one reason and for one reason only. To vent.

I'm sure by now you have all read my little lists of things I love/hate. Sure, some of the things I listed are silly and pointless, but there are a few that are actually important to me. Exhibit A: Binx...haha. Yes. My cat is the most important thing in my life. Another thing that is really dear to my heart is an item on the "hate" list. I absolutely without a doubt cannot stand it when people lie to me. Something even worse? When you find out someone you love and care about has been lying to you. A pretty decent number of people fall into a group that I love and care about deeply, so this post isn't about a specific person per say (although the general message is directed to one particular individual-one who I hope sees this). It is however the tip of the iceberg. I hate when people feel the need to lie to me! True, the things friends choose to lie about all vary in degree, but the end note is still the same. They lied. And once you lie, you can never undo it. Sometimes I don't even know which I hate more; the fact that I was lied to, or that I was naive enough to never see what was going on right under my nose. It's not just lying though that urkes me. I think that sometimes people view the concept of withholding the truth and details as just that; simply forgetting to mention that something happened. If you are one of these people I suggest you stop in your tracks before you get yourself into trouble (or even MORE trouble). Withholding the truth is the exact same thing as lying. It confuses me when individuals who love and care about each other choose to lie to one another, but then again pretty much all the relationships I know of are based on a foundation of lies and mutually accepted delusion. So this is me venting and liars and the pathetic lives they choose to live. The next time you think about lying, whether it be something small or big, I urge you to think twice. Although it may seem small and pointless to you, you may never actually be able to understand or comprehend the damage it will cause to another person. So what's the moral of this little story? Do not lie-EVER. And don't even think about ever lying to me. It may take me a little while to figure it out and catch on, but I will ALWAYS find out...

xoxo,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment